- Modification of the Agreement. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and for any or no reason, to modify this Agreement from time to time by posting a revised version, together with the date of such posting at the end of the document. All such changes will be effective immediately upon posting, and each time you use the Site, you agree anew to the terms of this Agreement. Therefore, please review this Agreement regularly. If at any time all of the terms of this Agreement are not acceptable to you, please do not use the Site.
The Site’s purpose is to provide information about Christ Church Cathedral and its programs, encourage audiovisual streaming of its religious and musical programs, and provide a conduit for donations to support our many eleemosynary activities at home and abroad.
The Site is intended for persons of all ages, residing worldwide. Use of the Site is void where prohibited.
There is no registration or fee required to use the Site.
You may contribute text and images to the “Discuss” sections of the Site in response to information we provide or to comments made by other users (collectively, “User Content”). You agree that the User Content you upload (or authorize others to upload on your behalf) to the Site will not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious or objectionable to third parties, and will not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam”. In your communications with us and other Users, you may not impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of yourself or any User Content you may post. We do not systematically review User Content for conformity with this Agreement, but we reserve the right (but do not have any obligation) to review and remove or edit any User Content at our sole discretion without notice.
You may not directly delete your User Content from the Site, but we will take it down upon your written request. That said, we recommend caution before you post. Please do not post material that is not in compliance with this Agreement or that might embarrass you or otherwise expose you or others to unwanted attention. Please note that we may retain copies of material that we have removed from the Site among other data backed up during regular maintenance of the Site.
As noted above, you agree to take responsibility for all of the information, opinions and other User Content contained in any comments that you post. We will not be responsible for any information or opinions posted by our users.
To maintain an environment conducive to constructive discussion and debate, please adhere to the following community guidelines while on the Site:
Please do not:
- bully, intimidate or harass any user;
- post User Content that is hateful, threatening or pornographic; unlawful, misleading, malicious, defamatory or discriminatory; or that incites violence;
- post User Content as true that you know or believe to be false;
- pretend to be someone else;
- upload viruses, worms or other malicious code, or otherwise attempt to disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Site.
By uploading User Content to the Site, you grant to Christ Church Cathedral and its sublicensees, assigns and successors a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world on and in connection with the Site via the Internet and/or other media now known or hereafter developed. This is the permission you give to us, and to the companies that help us design and operate the Site, to use your User Content as part of the Site, whether the Site is accessible through the Internet or through another medium that is not yet established or may not yet exist. You have not granted us the right, for example, to publish your posts in a book. We cannot do this without obtaining your permission in each instance.
You agree to permit users to copy and use your User Content for their own personal, noncommercial use.
Lastly, by uploading User Content, you agree that the following statements are and will remain true while the User Content is on the Site:
- you own or license rights in and to your User Content sufficient to permit you to legally post or upload it to the Site and to license to Christ Church Cathedral the rights granted under this Agreement; and
- neither your User Content nor our use of it as provided in this Agreement breaches or will breach any of the terms of this Agreement, violates or will violate any applicable law, or will cause injury to any person or entity.
Ownership and License of Intellectual Property
All words, images, graphics, code and software, photographs, audio and video clips, scripts, links, interactive features (if any) and other material used on or incorporated into the Site (collectively, the “Content”), and the arrangement or integration of all such Content, is the protected property of Christ Church Cathedral, is licensed to Christ Church Cathedral by third parties, or is used pursuant to applicable copyright or other law. Please assume that all material on or accessible through the Site is protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property law, and do not use Content except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or by separate agreement with the Content owner.
Christ Church Cathedral owns all right, title and interest (including worldwide copyright) in and to the Site. We grant you a limited license to access the Site and to copy Content for your own personal, noncommercial use. You agree to comply with any copyright or trademark notices and other restrictions contained in any Content available on or accessed through the Site. Other than as expressly set forth in this Agreement or without our prior written approval, you may not, directly or indirectly:
- copy, download, modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part; or
- use any of the trademarks, trade names or logos that appear on the Site; or
- make commercial or other unauthorized use by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching, or otherwise, of material obtained through the Site, including, without limitation, the Content; or
- delete or alter any Content; or
- disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify, reverse engineer or interfere with the Site or its associated software, hardware and/or servers in any way; or
- use automated means, such as scrapers, bots or spiders, to collect Content; or
- impede or interfere with others’ use of the Site.
Third Party Content and Websites; Products and Services; No Endorsement
If we incorporate information from third party sources into the Site, we will make all reasonable efforts to follow fair use conventions, including giving credit to the source of the information and providing links, when available, to the third party source from which the information was gathered.
The Site may provide links to, and may feature, mention, describe or advertise, certain products and services that may be of interest to you. However, unless we expressly state otherwise, we do not recommend, certify or endorse these or any other products or services in any way, and we are not responsible for the contents of, or any products or services offered on, any third party sites. If you have questions about any product or service you learn about on our Site, please go to the source – namely, the vendor or manufacturer – for additional information.
Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations and Agent for Notice
If you believe in good faith that any material on our Site infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that we remove or block access to the infringing material. Your notice to us must include the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed upon;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, with sufficient detail that we may find it on the Site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- information, if possible, sufficient to permit Christ Church Cathedral to notify the owner/ administrator of the allegedly infringing content; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongfully filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA (see Section 512 of the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976, http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.pdf. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to our Copyright Agent:
Christ Church Cathedral
Nashville, Tennessee 37203
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
CHRIST CHURCH CATHEDRAL CONTROLS AND OPERATES THE SITE FROM WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT CONTENT IS APPROPRIATE OR AUTHORIZED FOR USE IN ALL COUNTRIES, STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS. WHEN YOU ACCESS THE SITE, YOU DO SO ON YOUR OWN INITIATIVE AND RISK AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS.
THE SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED BY US ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU VIA THE SITE, OUR SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM US IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
YOU HEREBY RELEASE CHRIST CHURCH CATHEDRAL, ITS PRESENT AND FUTURE RECTORS, VICARS, PRIESTS, CHURCH WARDENS, VESTRYMEN, PARISHIONERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, ATTORNEYS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, HEIRS, ADMINISTRATORS, EXECUTORS AND ASSIGNS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR OR ANYONE ELSE’S USE OF THE SITE OR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY RELEASED PARTY. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH STATES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Christ Church Cathedral, its present and future rectors, vicars, priests, church wardens, vestrymen, parishioners, officers, directors, attorneys, employees and agents, and each of their respective predecessors, successors, heirs, administrators, executors and assigns (collectively, the “Indemnitees”) from and against any and all losses, damages, costs, liability or expenses (including attorneys’ fees and settlement costs) arising from or relating to (a) your use of the Site; (b) your breach of this Agreement; or (c) your violation of any law or right of a third party.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
Termination; Change in Service
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Site at any time, for any or no reason, without prior notice or liability. We may change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content, without prior notice or liability.
Last updated June, 2018